Need a tracking tool which will cope with assessment without levels?
A tracking tool, for assessment without levels, which is manageable by you and future-proof
The new Online Primary Progress toolkit is simple to use and can be tailored to meet your precise needs, as well as any changes in government requirements.
- The toolkit provides a tracking tool for the new statement-based National Curriculum, for Key Stages 1 and 2. Our design aim is to make it very easy to use and flexible enough to meet your precise needs.
- By default, the toolkit contains all the statements from the National Curriculum Programmes of Study in English, Mathematics and Science, but the powerful statement editor will make it easy to adapt to different schemes, such as the NAHT model framework, or to devise your own.
- At its core is the ability to assess pupils over time at
> Statement level [e.g. count in multiples of 6, 7, 9, 25 and 1000]
> Topic level [e.g. Number and Place Value]
> Overall subject level [e.g. Mathematics]
You can choose which level to make your assessments at, what assessment scale to use and the frequency of assessment.
- Topic scores can either be calculated from Statement scores, by the toolkit, or assigned as 'best-fit' scores in Topic View. Similarly, Subject scores can either be calculated from Topic scores, by the toolkit, or assigned as 'best-fit' scores in Subject View.
- The default scale for Statements is:Not achieved = 0, Achieved = 1, plus Blank, meaning 'Not yet taught'. If you want to use a more nuanced scale, you will be able to change this.
- The default scale for Topics and Subjects will be 5 steps: we think there are advantages over a 4 step scale, because this gives you an extra top step to recognise outstanding achievement, but if you prefer, say, 3 steps e.g Emerging, Developing, Secure, you can change the scale. This is how the default 5 step scale will look, but you can change the percentages as well as the steps.
- All assessments (at statement, topic and subject level) will be date-stamped by the system, so that results can be analysed half-termly, termly or yearly, according to your specification.
- Reporting of attainment and progress is available for the whole school, year-group, class and individual pupil, both as tables and graphs, with the ability to filter groups in the usual way (Gender, Pupil premium, SEN etc). We also plan to provide a simple do-it-yourself reporting tool, which will enable you to design reports to your own specification, if the built-in reports don't meet your needs.
- Individual pupil targets, can be set as a percentage of the total of statements for the year or term, or as an overall best-fit judgement at topic or subject level.
If you want further details or to know when you will be able to test the system, please email email@example.com